The eighteenth grand charity ball was given on 17th January 2009.
During the ceremony "Gold Heart" awards were handed to people of merit:
- Mr John R. Barr, President AGA Medical Corporation, Plymouth, Minnesota, USA,
- Ms Elżbieta Poznańska - Foundation lawyer advisor
- Mr Andrzej Warth - painter
About 100 estibmable guests celebrated to early morning in exhilarating atmosphere.
Everybody is very welcome next year...
We are grateful to all our sponsors for providing the "1%". This year like the previous one was a very fruitful year for our Foundation. With the accumulated funds we are going to buy:
- subsequent cardiomonitors for pediatric cardiology division.
- large-set for audio-visual presentation of echocardiography, angiography, and radiology. This kit will also be used to present lectures for students of the Silesian Medical University
- small utensils to facilitate stay of patients in our hospital (lamps, coffee maker)
We cordially invite all sponsors and supporters of the Foundation for the annual charity ball. It will be a jubilee, the 20th ball, organized by our Foundation.
Ball will be held on 19/02/2011 at the restaurant "Chata Polaka" in Gliwice, Kozielska str.
At the time of the ball especially meritorious sponsors will be honored. This year's funding award "Golden Heart" will go to:
- Monsignor Paweł Ptasznik Head of the Polish Section of the Vatican City State Secretaries
- Dr. Heiner Kleeberg, President of German Association of The Sovereign Order of St. John Knights Hospitallers
- Mr. Dariusz Markiewicz - owner of a goldsmith in Zabrze, multi-year sponsor of the Foundation
- Ms. Magdalena Pelec, owner of advertising agency .Fux . from Zabrze, a longtime sponsor of the Foundation
During the bal the auction of paintings and other works of art will take place:
- album "Katyn" by Andrzej Wajda autographed
-fotos from the movie "Revenge" in hardcover, signed by the main actors
- caricature of Justyna Steczkowska with the singer autographed
- "Angel" - metalwork
For more information and reservations call:
- Agnieszka Janas - tel 32 271 34 01
- Wanda Omyła - tel 32 37 33 761